DIY House Medic Podcast Show Notes
Episode Title: How To Save Money On Groceries; Next Week Money Saving Grocery Apps
The price of Food is one of the things that is just out of hand. Contractor John will go over some money saving tips on how to save money when buying groceries. Also, the regular segments, prepping for Jeopardy fact of the week, and the tip of the week to ya.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
1. Pay with a grocery rewards card
You can use a generic type cash back card like the Citi Double Cash Card and get 2% cash back.
Blue Cash Preferred Card from American Express (6% cash back on up to $6,000 per year in purchases, then 1%) Terms apply.
2. Sign up for the loyalty program
3. A time honored tradition, coupon clipping
4. Join a wholesale club
5. Grocery Rules:
Always go alone to the grocery store alone
Always go on a full stomach
6. Always make a list and stick to it
7. Plan your meals for the entire week ahead of time.
8. Buy items on sale
9. Check for heavily discounted meat products.
10. Cut out expensive ingredients from recipes.
11. Avoid pre-packaged items.
12. Use your leftovers.
13. Buy your favorite items in a larger size.
15. Bring your own bag
16. Be sure to read your receipt.
See some of Contractor John’s creations here
Ask questions, post comments at the Contractor John/DIY House Medic Facebook Page
Visit the Contractor John website and receive a free monthly Home Maintenance Checklist for following
Visit the Contractor John YouTube Channel and please Subscribe to my channel.
Support the show